We believe in our common unity with all life. We seek to realize a community of all
humanity empowered by love. We study and practice the universal principles and
spiritual values taught by Jesus. Through prayer, meditation and service we Christ’s presence is continually revealed and we become increasingly aware of our oneness
Charles and Myrtle Fillmore, husband and wife, co-founded the Unity Movement. Their
great-granddaughter, Connie Fillmore Bazzie, has authored a brief text known as The Five Principles that summarizes the beliefs of most people in Unity:
- God is absolute good, everywhere present.
- Human beings have a spark of divinity within them, the Christ Spirit within. Their
very essence is of God, and therefore they are also inherently good.
- Human beings create their experience by the activity of their thinking. Everything
in the manifest realm has its beginning in thought. This is called the Law of Mind Action.
- Prayer is creative thinking that heightens the connection to the God-Mind and therefore brings forth wisdom, healing, prosperity, and everything good.
- Knowing and understanding the laws of life, also called Truth, are not enough. A person must also live the truth that he or she knows.
We are affiliated with the Association of Unity Churches and the Unity School of
Christianity, publishers of The Daily Word. This well-known publication began in 1927 and is read throughout the world.